Wednesday, November 9, 2011

[3D] Mass Effect Realistic Environment

Recently we had just finished an assignment where we took a realistic game and created a space that would go with it that wasn't done before. For this I worked on a team that chose to do a hangar/weapon testing area in the Mass Effect Style and this is how it turned out.

I worked on the weapon testing area where they were firing a large laser that would be attached to the ships as they docked in the bay and this is how it turned out.


One thing I was excited about with this project is that I was able to make a lens flare similar to Mass Effect's to be used in our areas but because of the angle the picture was taken at, it cant be seen. Below is what it had turned out to be and was used on most of the lights within our environment. (The picture was taken while the area was still being finished up but the lens flare was complete)


Along with doing this in UDK I had also ported my area over to Mobile which I was pleased with but was a bit saturated in the lighting and didn't have as much ambient lighting as I wished it could have. It was definitely a good learning experience with the Mobile editor and how its materials are created compared to regular UDK.

1 comment:

  1. How did you achieve the lens flare effect? I've been trying to figure it out but the answer has been elusive. I would appreciate the help. :)

    btw: probably the best Mass Effect-like environment I've seen, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete